After visiting Valencia and becoming a regular guest at the Almalibre Açai Bar during my 7 days stay, my love for these bad-ass healthy bowls grew even bigger. And for some reason they tasted so much better while staying in Valencia (guess the dahm sunshine, present everyday, makes everything better). Anyways..until the day I go back, I’ll make my own at home in Amsterdam. And Whether you make them with fresh açai (which I prefer), or powder, these bowls are so easy to make! Top off with your favourite toppings and breakfast is ready. Or lunch. Or a healthy snack in-between your busy schedule. Que aproveche!
– 2 frozen bananas (3 if made without the fresh açai)
– 1 hand frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries)
– 1 package (100 g) fresh açai
– 1 tbsp açai powder
– 1 tbsp maple syrup or 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
– 50 ml boiled water
– 50 ml almond- or coconut milk (optional)
– for extra protein; 100 g silken tofu (can be found at any organic supermarket/store. NO regular tofu)
Serves: 1 person
Extra needed: high speed blender or food processor
Mix the bananas, berries, açai, powder, syrup, boiled water and silken tofu in a high speed blender or food processor until it’s smooth. If the machine has trouble mixing, you can add a bit of milk and mix again. Don’t let it become too soft though. Serve immediately and top with your favourite toppings.