So easter might be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t eat dahm good eggless’ egg salad every other day of the year. Below a recipe that will easily cover your cravings, and make you never think twice about buying the crappy mixtures that you can find in the supermarket. Enjoy your lazy evenings, toast, nuts and chips..and this 👇😋.
– 1 package silken tofu, NO regular tofu (silken tofu can be bought at many health shops/supermarkets)
– 180 g (1 1/2 cup) unroasted/unsalted cashew nuts, soaked overnight
– 60 ml (1/2 cup) water
– 2 tbsp yellow mustard
– 1 tbsp turmeric powder
– 1 tbsp kala namak (for a ‘eggy-ish’ flavour, can be bought at many health shops/supermarkets)
– 1/2 tsp curry or red pepper powder
– 1/2 tsp onion powder
– 1 garlic clove
– 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped (optional)
– chopped chives (optional)
extra needed: mixing bowl, measuring cups & spoons , knives, cutting board, spoon
serves: multiple portions
Mix 40 ml of water together with the mustard, turmeric, kala namak, curry powder, onion powder and garlic clove in a high speed blender.
Add the rinsed cashew nuts and mix again.
Blend until you reach a smooth consistency. Add the remaining 20 ml of water if the consistency stays too thick to blend properly.
Drain the water from the silken tofu, crumble the tofu by hand (don’t overdo it), and transfer to a bowl.
Add the cashew nuts mixture and spring onions, and fold in gently to combine.
Dikke tip: roast a few sandwiches, spread a thick layer of this delicious egg salad on top and top off with finely chopped chives.